[App_rpt-users] New Allstar Node 28344 not quite functional

Mark Johnston markjohnston73 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 07:52:02 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

 I have been trying to get allstar to function on my micro PC this is
the standard ACID install on a 64 bit system.

When I run the commands simpleusb-tune-menu and run through the setup
my URI device is there.. when I do F for flash toggle PTT and tone
output several times) the repeater is keyed and I do hear the tones...

When I run asterisk -r I do see the DTMF keys that are pressed on my
radio, going into the repeater just fine... I can also key the radio
from there with the susb key command... that keys up fine...

When trying to control the allstar node from the public SIP connection
via cell phone the commands do not respond there either... Though I am
able to sign in, and sometimes hear the complete ID/connect message on
the phone, I am unable to command anything like *81 for the time...

sometimes the *81 works but I only hear it on occasion via phone... no
idea what the issue is with that... it wont even key the repeater when
it does this...

The repeater is connected to allstar via arcom rc210 - 3 port controller
I have been searching hi and low, but find very little in terms of
instructions for setting up allstar/troubleshooting it...

I am not sure if its a h/w issue or s/w if the cable was wired
correctly or not...
it seems like it was as the test programs control it fine...

I did once hear my audio from the repeater on the cellphone sip/pstn
link... it's very sporadic... either that or commands are delayed by
several minutes...

I have been using Linux/IRLP node for many years but this just baffles me...

I do occassionaly get the error in asterisk about died with status 1
and something about mpg123/321 ... which I believe has to do with the
64 bit chip but I dont know why , could not find a solution to it...
Though if I let it run for a few minutes the error goes away and
asterisk -r works...

The /etc/asterisk/... conf files are almost default except I set it to
Full Duplex and

Any Ideas?......

usbradio.conf:
;
; chan_usbradio.c configuration file
;
[general]		; this has to be here and is RFU

[usb]			; USB Channel Name e.g. usb or usb1, usb2, ...
			; this starts the definition block for a device

; General Device Parameters

hwtype=0		; USB Sound Adapter Hardware Type
			; Set to 0 for DMK Eng. URI, or USB sound adapaters
			; modified using the instructions from usbfob.pdf.
			; Set to 1 for DingTel/W9SH modified usb adapters.

duplex=1		; Connected Radio Device Duplex Capability
			; 0 = Simplex (PTT / Release to Listen)
			; 1 = Duplex (simultaneous Tx and Rx)

eeprom=1		; 1 = Indicates that an EEPROM internal to the radio
			; adapter and cable is expected.
			; 0 = no warning message if no EEPROM found.

; Receiver-Related  Parameters

rxboost=0		; Rx Audio Boost
			; 0 = 20db attenuator inserted,
			; 1= 20db attenuator removed
			; Set to 1 for additonal gain if using a low-level
			; receiver output.

rxctcssrelax=1		; Rx CTCSS Decoder Criteria Relax
			; reduce CTCSS talkoff from radios w/o CTCSS Tx HPF
			; Set to 1 for Amateur and FRS radios.

carrierfrom=usb		; Carrier Detect Source
			; Options - no,usb,usbinvert,dsp,vox
			; no - no carrier detection at all
			; usb - via USB radio adapter COR connection
			; usbinvert - same as above but inverted polarity.
			; dsp - from RX noise using dsp methods
			; vox - voice activated via RX audio

ctcssfrom=no		; CTCSS Decoder Source
			; Options = no,usb,dsp
			; no - CTCSS decoding, system will be carrier squelch
			; usb - CTCSS decoding using input from USB adapter
			; usbinvert - same as above but inverted polarity.
			; dsp - CTCSS decoding using RX audio in DSP.
			; rxdemod option must be set to flat for this to work.

rxdemod=flat		; Rx Audio Source Type from Radio
			; Options = no, flat, speaker
			; no - RX audio input not used
			; flat - source is un-filtered discriminator signal
			; speaker - source is filtered, de-emphasized audio

; Transmitter-Related  Parameters

txboost=1		;Set to 1 to fix the 6db down audio bug in "voice" mode

txprelim=yes		; Tx Audio PreEmphasis and Limiting in software
			; no - Audio is not pre-emphasized and limited.
			; for application to radio microphone input
			; yes - Audio is pre-emphasized, limited and filtered
			; for direct connection to an FM modulator

txtoctype=notone		; Transmit Tone Turn Off Code method:
			; Options = no,phase,notone
			; no     - CTCSS tone encodes up to tx carrier drop
			; phase  - encode reverse phase before tx carrier drop
			;          AKA ("reverse burst") before unkeying TX
			; notone - drop tone, wait and then drop carrier
			;          AKA ("chicken burst")

txmixa=composite   	; Tx Mix Output Channel A (Left) Output Type
			; Options = no,voice,tone,composite,auxvoice
			; no - Do not output anything
			; voice - output voice only
			; tone - CTCSS tone only
			; composite - voice and tone
			; auxvoice - voice output for monitoring

txmixb=no		; Tx Mix Output Channel B (Right) Output Type
			; See txmixa above.

invertptt=0		; Invert PTT
			; 0 = ground to transmit, 1 = open to transmit
			; This is the collector lead of the 2N4401 transistor
			; on the modified usb sound adapter.

; CTCSS-Related Parameters
; These will be ignored and my be omitted if CTCSS is not in use

txctcssdefault=88.5	; Tx CTCSS Default Encode
			; Encodes this tone if no other tone in use.

rxctcssfreqs=88.5		; rx ctcss frequency. this must be in the tone table.
txctcssfreqs=88.5		; tx ctcss frequency. any frequency is permitted.

; end of file

rpt.conf
; Radio Repeater configuration file (for use with app_rpt)
;

;
; Your Repeater
;

[28344]					; Change this to your assigned node number

rxchannel=Simpleusb/usb28344
duplex=1
erxgain=-3
etxgain=3
;controlstates=controlstates
scheduler=schedule28344
morse=morse28344
macro=macro28344
functions=functions28344
phone_functions=functions28344
link_functions=functions28344
telemetry=telemetry
wait_times=wait-times
context =  radio
callerid = "Repeater" <0000000000>
idrecording = |iKC7DMF
accountcode=RADIO
hangtime=100
althangtime=100
totime=170000
idtime=540000
politeid=3000

idtalkover=|iKC7DMF
unlinkedct=ct2
remotect=ct3
linkunkeyct=ct8
;nolocallinkct=0
;eannmode=1
;connpgm=yourconnectprogram
;discpgm=yourdisconnectprogram
;lnkactenable=0
;lnkacttime=1800
;lnkactmacro=*52
;lnkacttimerwarn=30seconds
;remote_inact_timeout=1800
;remote_timeout=3600
nounkeyct=0
;holdofftelem=0
beaconing=0
;
; *** Status Reporting ***
;
; Uncomment the either group following two statpost lines to report
the status of your node to stats.allstarlink.org
; depending on whether you are running ACID or Limey Linux.

; ** For ACID ***
statpost_program=/usr/bin/wget,-q,--timeout=15,--tries=1,--output-document=/dev/null
statpost_url=http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates

; ** For Limey Linux **
;statpost_program=/bin/wget,-q,--timeout=15,--tries=1,--output-document=/dev/null
;statpost_url=http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates

;
; Morse code parameters, these are common to all repeaters.
;

[morse28344]

speed=18
frequency=800
amplitude=4096
idfrequency=750
idamplitude=1024

[schedule28344]
;dtmf_function =  m h dom mon dow  ; ala cron, star is implied

[functions28344]
1=ilink,1
2=ilink,2
3=ilink,3
4=ilink,4
5=macro,1
70=ilink,5
71=ilink,6
72=ilink,7
73=ilink,15
74=ilink,16
75=ilink,8

80=status,1
81=status,2

6=autopatchup,noct=1,farenddisconnect=1,dialtime=20000	; Autopatch up
0=autopatchdn				; Autopatch down

;989=cop,4
980=status,3
99=cop,6

; Place command macros here

[macro28344]

[telemetry]

ct1=|t(350,0,100,2048)(500,0,100,2048)(660,0,100,2048)
ct2=|t(660,880,150,2048)
ct3=|t(440,0,150,4096)
ct4=|t(550,0,150,2048)
ct5=|t(660,0,150,2048)
ct6=|t(880,0,150,2048)
ct7=|t(660,440,150,2048)
ct8=|t(700,1100,150,2048)
remotetx=|t(1633,0,50,3000)(0,0,80,0)(1209,0,50,3000);
remotemon=|t(1209,0,50,2048)
cmdmode=|t(900,903,200,2048)
functcomplete=|t(1000,0,100,2048)(0,0,100,0)(1000,0,100,2048)
patchup=rpt/callproceeding
patchdown=rpt/callterminated

;
; This section allows wait times for telemetry events to be adjusted
; A section for wait times can be defined for every repeater
;

[wait-times]
telemwait=2000
idwait=500
unkeywait=2000
calltermwait=2000

;
; This is where you define your nodes which cam be connected to.
;

[nodes]
; Note, if you are using automatic update for allstar link nodes,
; no allstar link nodes should be defined here. Only place a definition
; for your locak nodes, and private (off of allstar link) nodes here.

28344 = radio at 127.0.0.1/28344,NONE

; Memories for remote bases

[memory]

;00 = 146.580,100.0,m
;01 = 147.030,103.5,m+t
;02 = 147.240,103.5,m+t
;03 = 147.765,79.7,m-t
;04 = 146.460,100.0,m
;05 = 146.550,100.0,m

#includeifexists custom/rpt.conf

iax.conf: NOTE I changed the pw for the login I assume that should be
kept private.

; Inter-Asterisk eXchange driver definition\v c;
;

[general]
bindport=4569
bindaddr=0.0.0.0