[App_rpt-users] Ubiquiti Equipment

Paul J. Agamata Sysman at Xceptions.COM
Fri May 10 21:23:36 UTC 2013

We use Bullets both 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz for City and County of Honolulu, Hawaii
State Civil Defense and my own personal repeater systems in Hawaii.

The longest shot that I have is 30 miles from the town of Hilo to the 8500'
level of Mauna Loa on the Big Island of Hawaii.  I'm running 1/2 rate
bandwidth and still hold a significant amount of signal headroom.  It has
been running for several years without any issues what so ever.  I've
purchased all of my equipment from
http://www.microcom.us/browse-by-brand--ubiquiti-networks.html and have had
great service and success with them.

The hill has significant issues from icing to very high amounts of UV,
cold-hot-cold etc.  It's been flawless.  It's been a install it and forget
it type of projectŠ

For the price, there is no equalŠ

From:  David Osborn <david.osborn at manx.net>
Date:  Friday, May 10, 2013 7:58 AM
To:  "app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org" <app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
Subject:  [App_rpt-users] Ubiquiti Equipment

Hi Gang,

In recent messages, Ubiquiti equipment has been mentioned for links.

I was wondering how it stacks-up in terms of keeping out / withstanding the
weather. I have an application in mind for an AllStar node and it will be on
a wild hilltop with nasty weather (very). The path I have in mind is just
under 10 miles, clear line-of-sight.

Can any of the ubiquiti stuff stand a bit of a weather bashing and, if so,
which items have been found best?

David
GD4HOZ