[App_rpt-users] Any log watch experts out there?

K&R Yoksh yokshs at gmail.com
Wed May 15 01:32:06 UTC 2013

I don't specifically add my Allstar activity to logwatch, but several of my
scripts report to /var/log/asterisk/connectlog. You could always use
logrotate, and add a cron to email yourself the day's log.

Another option might be to use my email_status script, and modify it to
email once per day, rather than on each connect/disconnect.

My scripts can all be found here:
www.qsl.net/k0kn/scripts.html

Personally, I like to have email_status send an email to my cell phone's
"text" address, so I get a text message on connects and disconnects. Some
folks don't have unlimited texting, and use email instead. You can also
enable inbound control of your Allstar node via text or email. I find that
useful for non-critical control of my nodes.

Here's what the "standard" output looks like. The number 7 refers to the
number of connected nodes (directly and indirectly)

[app_rpt node 2210]
2210 Disconnected from Allstar 27827 [7]
27827 KC0EFC Hub KC0EFC Lenexa, Ks

And here is the "extended info" that includes the connected node numbers,
and whether the nodes are Connecting, Transceive, or Receive-only:

[app_rpt node 2212]
2212 Connected to Allstar 2210 [17]
2210 Kansas Super Hub K0KN Olathe, KS
T2210, T2216, T2217, T2218, T27823, T27827, T28406, T28501
T28686, T28818, T28934, T29144, T29145, T29216, T29275, T29368
T29414

Here's an excerpt of my connectlog:

Mon May 6 17:36:44 CDT 2013 Random Echolink script - called
765051|SQ6OWM-L|86.5.223.11
Mon May 6 17:36:56 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2211 3765051 Disconnected
Mon May 6 17:37:12 CDT 2013 Random Echolink script - called
242534|WA2ZPX-R|69.206.175.146
Mon May 6 17:37:18 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2211 3242534 Connected
Mon May 6 17:37:28 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2211 3242534 Disconnected
Mon May 6 17:37:58 CDT 2013 Random Echolink script - called
540983|F4ERG-L|77.203.73.240
Mon May 6 17:38:04 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2211 3540983 Connected
Mon May 6 17:39:46 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2211 3540983 Disconnected
Mon May 6 17:40:00 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2211 2215 Connected
Mon May 6 17:40:00 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2215 2211 Connected
Mon May 6 18:55:17 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2210 28686 Disconnected
Mon May 6 18:55:19 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2210 29145 Disconnected
Mon May 6 18:55:20 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2210 28247 Disconnected
Mon May 6 18:55:20 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2210 27827 Disconnected
Mon May 6 18:55:22 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2210 29216 Disconnected
Mon May 6 20:37:26 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2210 2216 Connected
Mon May 6 20:37:27 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2210 28384 Connected
Mon May 6 20:37:30 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2210 28247 Connected
Mon May 6 20:37:31 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2210 28073 Disconnected
Mon May 6 20:37:36 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2210 27823 Disconnected
Tue May 7 04:32:46 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2213 3540983 Connected
Tue May 7 05:40:27 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2213 3540983 Disconnected
Tue May 7 05:50:56 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2213 3534958 Connected
Tue May 7 05:52:30 CDT 2013 ------------------ 2213 3534958 Disconnected

73 and good luck. If anyone would like a hand setting this stuff up, let me
know off-list.

Kyle
K0KN
Olathe, KS