[App_rpt-users] Understanding incoming DTMF path

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Nov 4 23:06:28 UTC 2013

I am almost there but not quite.  I have simpleusb working, levels set. Commands like *80 *81, etc work.  But I can't seem to connect to anything.  If I go into asterisk shouldn't I be able to trace the call progress? I see nothing but digits entered and then a hangup.

Help me to understand the path of incoming radio DTMF.  SimpleUSB picks it up as defined in rpt.conf.  In rtp.conf the node is defined -

 [27225]                                 ; Change this to your assigned node number

;rxchannel=Radio/usb27225
rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb
duplex=1
context = radio
etc.......

Then in iax.conf there is the radio stanza

; Incoming radio connections

[radio]
type=user
disallow=all
allow=g726aal2
allow=gsm
codecpriority=host
context=radio-secure
transfer=no

Then in extensions.conf

[radio-secure]
exten => 27225,1,rpt,27225

Where does it get passed to any number processing?

I have made only my node data and minor changes to these files.

I did install an iaxrpt stanza in iax and extensions.conf and I can connected iaxrpt from my windows computer to the radio with audio both ways.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio