[App_rpt-users] multicasting.

Andrew Gilbett andrew.gilbett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 12:08:11 UTC 2013

Jim,

Just a quick question, I am looking into simulcasting, can you please
explain what the 9.6MHz is for? is it for the RTCM internal clock or the
MSF5000? I thought the RTCM required only a 1PPS the get phase coherence of
the modulating signal.

I guess that this is the more general question about simulcast:

Phase coherence of the modulating signal is required.
Is phase coherence of the carrier required for FM simulcast or is locking
to a accurate frequency source sufficient? E.g. a rubidium oscillator,
which would give you frequency stability but not phase coherence.

Thanks
Andrew

Thanks :-)
Andrew Gilbett