[App_rpt-users] Problems with my URI

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Nov 7 02:39:31 UTC 2013

I doubt it is a URI problem if PTT and receive carrier/signal detection is working correctly. I assume repeated audio is fine? The receiver keys the transmitter? This is a repeater not a simplex node right?

I would check your /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf file against the sample in
/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk/configs/rpt.conf.sample  The sample has better comments and would show you some starting values. If you change anything always make a comment like:

duplex=2 ; was 1

in particular...

The duplex mode  - duplex=    if this is a simplex node then you would want to set it to 1. Setting it to 0 would stop the courtesy tone. If it is a repeater then you would want to set it to 2.

Also check in particular these value:

idrecording = |i<yourid>    ; id recording
idtalkover=|i<yourid>        ; Talkover ID (optional) default is none

set these to your preference. CT's defined in the telemetry stanza

unlinkedct=ct2
remotect=ct3
linkunkeyct=ct8

and all of the timer values including the wait-time stanza.

If you do think you have a DMK URI problem I would contact them directly. They could help you with the test results.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio