[App_rpt-users] Router issue

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 17:46:04 UTC 2013

Thank you, Harry, for this question, and Jon for the answer.  It helped
me with an issue I was having, working on a friends nodes.

We used port 4579, on his 2nd computer.  We have the ports changed on
the Allstar portal to 4579.  We have the IAX.conf file change to
reflect  port 4579, and port 4579 has been forwarded in his router to
his 2nd computer.  The default Allstar port is forwarded to his 1st
computer.

The main node on the 1st computer is connected to a modified USB sound
card dongle, connected to a simplex radio.  That works fine.
The 2nd node is also on the 1st computer and is defined as the echolink
node.  That node number is connected to the main node number. People who
connect to his echolink node, are routed to the main node via the 2nd
node.  Echolink.conf is configured for this. (for this reason; if
something screwy happens on the echolink node, simply disconnecting the
echolink enabled nodenumber eliminates the issue.)

The problem we're having now, is that the node on the 2nd computer is
interfaced to a repeater using a DMK URI and while connections to other
non-local-to-him nodes are successful, there isn't any audio being
passed from the computer to the repeater via the URI.

We've gone through radio-tune-menu and saved the configs, but there's
still not audio passing from the 2nd computer to the repeater.  This
configuration was working flawlessly an hour ago, while it was connected
to the 1st computer.

All of the necessary .conf files in /etc/asterisk/ have been changed to
reflect the single node on the single computer.

The error message (that we think is relevant) is;

Error [2455];chan_usbradio.c:5434 store_config: No txvoice output
configured.

Any ideas?

-Geoff