[App_rpt-users] Radio TX / RX oscillation and APRS questions

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sun Nov 10 17:50:57 UTC 2013

The App_rpt default is a duplex value of 2 (full duplex) even though it
might not state that in rpt .conf. This seems to be the situation for
new default files created by the ACID install process.
If the config files are downloded from the Allstar server then I think
it sets a duplex value in the RPT.conf based on what you set up the
server to be on the website.

So if you connect a simplex radio witht he acid default files, you will
need to either add the line in the node stanza duplex = 0 in
rot.conf,**/_and_/ you also must state the duplex setting to 0 in the
usbradio.conf file as well.

see below:

In rpt.conf:

> [1234]                    ; Change this to your assigned node number
>
> rxchannel=Radio/usb1234
> duplex=0                ; set to half duplex

and in usbradio.conf:

> [usb1234]
>
> hdwtype=0
> rxboost=0
> txboost=1
> ;rxctcssrelax=1
> ;txctcssdefault=131.8
> ;rxctcssfreqs=131.8
> ;txctcssfreqs=131.8
> ;rxctcssoverride=0
> carrierfrom=usbinvert
> ctcssfrom=no
> rxdemod=speaker
> txprelim=no
> txlimonly=no
> txtoctype=phase
> txmixa=voice
> txmixb=no
> invertptt=0
> duplex=0            ; set this to 0 for half duplex for simplex
> radios, set to 1 for repeater full duplex
> rxondelay=0
> rxnoisefiltype=0
> eeprom=0

Jon VA3RQ