[App_rpt-users] Stand alone repeater

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at mac.com
Sun Nov 10 23:55:36 UTC 2013

First a couple of definitions:
 - Allstar is a public network of nodes.
 - A node is an endpoint on the public Allstar network, on a private network, or on no network at all.
 - App_rpt is an application (running on Asterisk the open source PBX) which is a complete repeater and remote base controller.

Yes, the URI and app_rpt can make a standalone repeater. You do need a node number BUT it can be private which means it will have no network access from Allstar. Just assign yourself a 4 digit node number under 2000.

Remote bases are a bit more complex. Get your repeater running first and then tackle a remote base. When you’re ready start here… http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/191

--
Tim
:wq