[App_rpt-users] Modified USB Audio Problems on Acid install

Richard Ainley richard.ainley at ess-systems.com
Tue Nov 12 10:40:53 UTC 2013

Hello, Im very new to this and although I have spent the past week or so trying to fix these issues myself I have to now admit im stuck!  Im still learning when it comes to linux!!  The problems I have are as follows, im not sure who to ask for help hence my general request here!

*         Having installed a modified USB dongle I am unable to get any receive sound (usb microphone input) to appear in the web transceiver application.  I have run the radio tune rxnoise, rxvoice and see the stats changing but still cannot get radio rx sound over the internet.  Audio from the web transceiver to my radio works just great, along with the PTT.

*         Im also having problems connecting to my node via the SIP portal, I have a working SIP Telephone setup which I have tested to other nodes so I know the SIP hardware is ok however, when I connect to my node 27308 I get the usual welcome message, am asked to enter my pin etc and select 2 for manual operation the call goes silent and then eventually disconnects.  I have forwarded port 4569 to my server IP.

*         Lastly the UK dial in telephone number appears to be not working with the message node not available, no welcome message just straight to that message!!

Thanks very much for reading my email having exhausted google searches in circles I'm hoping you guys will point out my hopefully silly mistakes!!

73

Rich

G7WIZ - Grimsby UK