[App_rpt-users] beaglebone w/ URI

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Nov 12 18:58:57 UTC 2013

This question has been asked by me and others many times. The problem is there would need to be software changes to do that. I don't think there is any question that Allstar would work on the Black or even the Raspberry  Pi in simpleusb if someone wanted to work on the software challenges.

The Raspberry Pi has a great Asterisk package that works amazing well (see links below).  The problem is the Pi Asterisk package is a late release that will not run app_rpt.  It is also a Debian package. People have tried to make it work but I have not seen any successes to date???? I am not sure why for instance the ACID package could not be compiled on the Pi.  Perhaps I should try it and see how many errors I get. The only things you need for a simple node are USB and Ethernet which both of these boards have. The Pi works great on IRLP.

http://nerdvittles.com/?p=5527
http://nerdvittles.com/?p=3026
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pbxinaflash/files/IncrediblePi-1.x-Debian-6/
 73 Doug