[App_rpt-users] Transition of current Allstar node from ACID to Limey Linux and hardware compatibility

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at mac.com
Fri Nov 22 05:04:58 UTC 2013

ACID is solid. If you’re having OS type problems such as SSH crashing, you’ve got hardware problems and switching to Limey won’t help. Actually, I feel ACID is more stable than Limey. I can’t prove that, it's just my sense of it.

Limey is considered more stable because everything loads into RAM on boot up and thus very little chance to corrupt the media. Limey runs off a CF card so there is no spinning disk.

Moving to Limey is easy. Just save your ACID /etc/asterisk directory and copy it to Limey when ready. All the asterisk stuff is 100% portable.
--
Tim
:wq