[App_rpt-users] Cepstral questions

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Sun Nov 24 17:31:58 UTC 2013

On 11/24/2013 10:37 AM, Doug Crompton wrote:
> I think this nerdvittles article -
>
>  http://nerdvittles.com/?p=7448

Seems workable, but aimed towards versions and OSes that our systems
aren't running (unless you're running freepbx and have hacked app_rpt to
run on current asterisk versions).

To me, time=money.  Last I checked, looking at past back statements from
2011, I paid $40. for cepstral.  Been working, every half hour, since
then, with no issues doing my weather file, weather alert, voice IDs,
and such.  Quality is fine, voice selections are fine.  In the general
scheme of things the price outweighed the time needed to figure out and
grab software from various places on the net.

Your mileage may (and will) vary.

> is the one you are referring to. The google TTS looks promising. Anyone tried it with Allstar?

Like anything google does, no guarantees that it will be supported in
the future.  Lots of orphaned google applications out there, so, where
will you be with questions when the borg drops support?