[App_rpt-users] connections fail

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Thu Nov 28 01:16:40 UTC 2013

Paul,

I'd be interested in knowing where you are getting your information on
2135?

I own 2135, and it sits in the same NOC that it has since I put it
online 3 years ago.  2135 has been offline a total of 120 minutes since
it has came online.  We don't currently limit connections to 2135, or
any other WAN Core member owned node.  I can't speak for Shorty as to
what happens with 2560.

2135 is a Dell 1850 with no radio hardware connected.  It has two
processors and 8 gigs of RAM.  It's connected to the Internet directly
through one edge switch and one dedicated 100 Mbps interface on
WestPAnet's Cisco 7206VXR border router.  The connection is not rate
limited and WestPAnet is connected to our upstream provider at 1Gbps.
Usually there is between 50 and 70 connections to 2135 directly.  At
this level of normal connectivity, there is about 3 to 4 Mbps of
throughput out of the box.  I have held nets for Repeater Builder that
gave us in excess of 100 concurrent connections and the server loafed
along.

2135 has two independent UPS's and dual power supplies.  Both are backed
by a automatic transfer generator.

If anyone has questions about 2135 specifically or WAN in general - I'm
only an email away.

Thanks,
Kevin Custer - WJ8G