[App_rpt-users] Shortcuts in DTMF

keith keith at handscombe.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 18:45:42 UTC 2013

Evening all,

I have on my All-Star node some DTMF short-cuts and would like to add more.
I have at the moment used the list below but would like to add 30 short-cuts
in total as the older hams have a problem sending more than 2-3 characters
so when asked to connect to an Echo link node  1234 its very difficult for
the older hams to key *33001234. We have tried several times and with 1
attempt that work from almost 35 goes at this the poor old boy quote " It's
a bit too much for me as I am 88 I struggle to see the buttons let alone
press in any order"

So if this is difficult I am happy to keep the list below and change it
daily to suite the older hams having then a daily list of favourites in a
weekly format so all 30 short-cuts can be achieved over a 4 week period.

If it's not to difficult then I will have a go

Many thanks whoever lends a hand

   Kind Regards

   Keith Handscombe     G7DNT