[App_rpt-users] Shortcuts in DTMF

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Tue Oct 15 03:47:11 UTC 2013

They have to be 4 characters long to be able  to have 30 of them, with this
you can have 100 shortcuts (macros)

for the users they would have a list something like this

*71 disconnect all links

*511 connect echolink to rptr 1
*512 disconnect echolink from rpt1

*513 connect allstar to rptr 2
*514 disconnect allstar from rpt2

*515 connect echolink to rptr 3
*516 disconnect echolink from rpt3

*517 connect echolink to rptr 4
*518 disconnect echolink from rpt4

*519 connect echolink to rptr 5
*520 disconnect echolink from rpt5

*521 connect allstar to rptr 6
*522 disconnect allstar from rpt6
*567 connect allstar to rptr 29
*568 disconnect allstar from rpt 29

*569 connect allstar to rptr 30
*570 disconnect allstar from rpt 30

*57101 connect echolink repeater blah
*57102 disconnect echolink repeater blah

*57103 connect echolink repeater foo
*57104 disconnect echolink repeater foo

You would code it something like this

[mymacros]
11 = *33001234#      ; connect to echolink repeter 1
12 = *13001234#      ; disconnect from echolink repeater 1
; and so on for each of them
69 = *327123#           ; connect to allstar repeater 30
70 = *127123#           ; disconnect from allstar repeater 30

;If you need more than 100 you can make some longer but remember that once
you use a short string like 71 you can't have a longer one like 7101.

7012 = *33012345       ; this one will never work because 70 as a two digit
code is used for repeater 30 disconnect above.
7101 = *33123456       ; connect to repeater blah
7102 = *13123456       ; disconnect from repeater blah
7103 = *33234567       ; connect to repeater foo
7104 = *13234567       ; disconnect from repeater foo

; I hope this clarifies for you how the macros work
; Chuck