[App_rpt-users] having localplay say date

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 15:33:33 UTC 2013

Is there a 'dow' (day of week) setting that would allow Allison, in
conjunction with the time, to say what Day of the week it is?

I've edited chrontab to have an hourly chime that spits out the local time.

Mondays are hard... I need help ;-)

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to hear;
Today is Monday, October 28.  Good morning, the time is 11 o'clock, AM.

If there were a speech engine that could take text and convert it to
speech, then I suppose a string with the variables would be generated,
but that's not -really- the direction I wanted to do.

Ideas?

-Geoff/W5OMR
29655