[App_rpt-users] Getting there!

Robert Newberry N1XBM at amsat.org
Tue Sep 24 15:25:05 UTC 2013

OK so I got a node #, PC, repeater, URI, and I'm burning a ISO as we speak.

>From my rudimentary understanding it looks like a lot of the node
configuration is done online and the first time I update my PC I will need
to do a manual update.

So if I want to also use app_rpt as a controller I'm confused as to where I
set the important stuff, such as:

ID
Time out timer
Code to shut the transmitter off in the event something goes wrong.
PL tones encode/decode

I assume I must have to bring up a script and manually edit it? Any good
write ups in the internet about this?

I'm getting pretty excited about this. If I can get this one repeater on
the air. I have many more repeater that I want to link together for a
multicast system. I'm sure I'll have even more questions then.

Apparare Scientior
Paratus Communicare
-N1XBM