[App_rpt-users] Mute

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat Sep 28 17:14:27 UTC 2013

If you are wanting to quiet the connect and disconnect messages on you
node, then put these 2 lines in you rpt.conf file:

holdofftelem=1    ; polite telemetry - waits until the channel is not
busy to send telemetry locally
telemdefault=2    ; timed local telemetry - announces connect/
disconnect messages after a local is executed then turns off all voice
announcements after 5 minutes.

The telemdefault=2 command allows local announcements after a local
command is executed. After a while with no activity locally the
announcements wont come on. If you issue a connect then it announces
locally on you node. But after a 5 minutes or so the announcements will
quiet down and stay off unless you issuue a command locally again and
that turns the announcements back on for 5 min.

This works great when you are on a linked system system where nodes are
constantly connecting and disconnecting.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Jon VA3RQ