[App_rpt-users] Mute

Johnny Keeker cypresstower at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 28 21:33:30 UTC 2013

this may not help you 100% but you may be able to tweek it a bit.
to completely kill all audio, put this in your rpt.conf under YOUR node stanza
[2XXXX]   ;your node number
notelemtx = yes

you can also use cop commands to turn telemetry ON or OFF using macros 'example below'
(note)  this technique was explained in a previous archive
first, assign two cop command, numeral 90 and 91, to reference
cop 34 and cop 33 placing them under your functions stanza in the rpt.conf

[functions]
90=cop,34 ;local telemetry off
91=cop,33 ;local telemetry on

next, create macros to call on the cop commands using DTMF

[macro]
1=*90 ;this macro will turn off local telemetry
2=*91 ;this macro will turn on  local telemetry

DTMF execute *51  ;to turn off telemetry
DTMF execute *52  ;turn on telemetry

if you want your node to start with telemetry off,  place this statement
under your node stanza

[2XXXX] ;your node number
startup_macro=*90

write a macro to connect to Wide Area Network telemetry disabled
[macro]
3=*71*90*32135
4=*71*93
DTMF execute *53 ;connect to wide area network disable telemetry
DTMF execute *54 ;disconnect wide area network re-enable telemetry

always restart node or rpt reload to take affect
make sure you have 5=macro,1 under [functions] or this won't work
make sure your not using 90 or 91 or macros 1 2 3 4 somewhere else

corrections gratefully accepted