[App_rpt-users] Changing Courtesy Tones, and SSHing into the computer

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:14:08 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am new ham in high school, and finally got a little SIMPLEX repeater up
and running.

*My first question* Is about SSHing into the computer remotely. I first
gave it a try on my LAN, because I knew port forwarding would not be
required.

First, I *Changed *the port 222 to port 22 on the SSHD_Config file

We are using an apple airport router, which states the LAN address of the
Ethernet port is 10.0.1.1. I typed ssh root at 10.0.1.1, and I got a
connection refused.

I was able to reverse SSH back to my macintosh using ssh
username at computersLANip from ACID, but when I tried to SSH back to acid, it
would not work. Just Connection Refused.

After I login on ACID it says Root at Skylersnode, my node, and I also gave
ssh root@<node number> and ssh skylersnode at local IP a try, but still no
success.

Are there any suggestions on getting this to work?

*Second question: Courtesy tones,*

I just figured out how to create a ULAW on audacity, and mount a flash
drive on the command, and I am wondering if I can change the courtesy tones
or any other audio file. Like the "I OWN COMMAND" annoying thing.  Where
would the courtesy tones be located, and under what file name?

*Third question: *why it wont work on the web transceiver

When I dial in the node on the web transceiver, nothing happens, and when I
hit the connect button, it does not do anything. Is there any way to get it
to work, or will the web transceiver not work with my node. I would think
it should work, because I have almost the same setup as Willem's node,
29571<https://allstarlink.org/portal/webtransceiver-frameset.php?nodenum=29571>,on
saddle back mountain.

*Last Question: Won't connect to 28298 or 28299*
This node is part of the FUN system here in Colorado, and I tried dialing
28298, which belongs to Jeff KØJSC, but I heard nothing, not even the
change in courtesy tone.  He has no idea why my node will not connect up,
but it is weird because it won't even show up on the web transceiver.

Thanks
Skyler KDØWHB