[App_rpt-users] Changing Courtesy Tones, and SSHing into the computer

Mark Johnston markjohnston73 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 16:22:19 UTC 2014

SSH: I assume you restarted the sshd after changing the port or reboot the
allstar box either way - /etc/rc3.d/S55sshd restart
should do it.

Btw what is the trick to getting uLaw files via Audacity?

Courtesy tones, have to look under the [Telemetry] section
and change the freq/numbers there -
in /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf

do you have the line in rpt.conf?

<node> = radio at 127.0.0.1/<node>,NONE

And the one in /etc/asterisk/iax.conf
register=<node>:<secret>@register.allstarlink.org

Assuming the port 4569 is setup correctly, can you connect from the allstar
dial in # from any std telephone?

"Got Root?"

How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
*None. It's a hardware problem.*

Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who it's friends are.
WINDOWS: Will Install Needless Data On Whole System
MICROSOFT: Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers.

A ntennas
P oorly
P laced
L acks
E ngineering

The best way to accelerate a computer running Windows is at 9.81 m/s².

*"I get paid to support Windows, I use Linux to get work done."*