[App_rpt-users] code 1

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Apr 20 01:51:53 UTC 2014

Russ,

 Great to hear you are working on getting 29332 back up!  Others may chime in on this but it looks like something might be corrupt or possibly the system got updated and the code needs to be recompiled.  mpg123 is not needed by asterisk unless you are using mpg files. Music on hold often uses them but nothing in app_rpt generally would. You could deselect the settings that need this in 'make menuselect' but then you would have to recompile anyway and that may not be the root problem. All of this requires a little skill. Here is how to rebuild -

 http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/29

You could also just reload in entirety from a CD.  Before install copy all current files in /etc/asterisk to another medium and then after the install copy them back again. All of your specific configuration resides in that directory.

The reload might be the best option given the unknown state of the system. Do you have any idea why it initially failed back many months ago?

If you don't feel comfortable with doing this and no one else is around that can help directly someone could do this remotely via ssh to that machine. We only need to know the public IP, the ssh port, and the password.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio