[App_rpt-users] URI and URIx Testing

Bob kk6ecm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 01:03:17 UTC 2014

I'm at a loss... looking for ideas on how to proceed... Still attempting to
get our repeater working... rebuilt the computer that crashed, and it works
well... Getting strange results when connecting the URI back to the radio
(can't find anything wrong there). The fact I can't seem to get a URI, or
URIx working with my computer suggests a possible issue with my setup. I
have some inputs from folks for changes in the usbradio, or simpleusb which
I'd like to check, but need to confirm the URI is working correctly, so I'm
not chasing hardware issues by looking at software.

I tested my URI using the loopback diagram and uridiag; it passes all the
digital, and fails all the analog. I procured a URIx for replacement, and
built up the loopback connector for it and tested, same results. I've
checked and rechecked my wiring of the loopback connector. The URIx uses two
1k resistors and two extra jumpers than the URI (see below), and the URI two
10k resistors per DMK folks. (There is a confirmed error in the uridiag
listed connections). I did not connect the URIx 12 and 20 (Blk and Wht)
leads, nor the power supply to activate the 2x amplifier (pins 13 & 25),
which I am not using. I'm told the correct connections are as shown below
from the URI-FAQ.pdf, with change of 1K for 10K for URIx per DMK, and
comparing with the URIx test fixture.

Assuming the URIx was good from the factory, and all I did was

connect it up to the loopback and computer,

turn on the computer with ACID

# service asterisk stop

# uridiag

URIDiag, diagnostic program for the DMK Engineering URI

USB Radio Interface, version 0.8, 04/26/11

Found CM119 USB Radio Interface at 001/003

.

.

.

Enter your selection:t

Testing digital I/O (PTT,COR,TONE and GPIO)....

Digital I/O passed!!

Testing Analog at 204 (and 700) Hz...

Analog level on left channel for 204.0 Hz (0.0) is out of range!!

.

.

.

24 Error(s) found during test(s)!!!!