[App_rpt-users] URI and URIx Testing

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Apr 26 06:16:14 UTC 2014

Yes, as Dave says it is the old kernel. I have Debian latest release running acid allstar on a PC so it certainly can be done and that would certainly satisfy any current HW issues.  I use dahdi with the latest patches. Unfortunately there is no official easy to get up and running Debian allstar version so you would have to build a system from scratch compiling dahdi and the acid svn and dealing with all the dependency requirements. I don't know about newer centos but I am sure others have gone that route. I just wanted to make clear there is no rule that you have to use centos as long as you are willing to do some tinkering.

I even had the latest Ubuntu running Allstar but you would have to recompile the kernel as they removed the OSS stuff several years ago.

If you want a real simple system I will have the Beagle Black image available for download real soon! It is working very well.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio