[App_rpt-users] this may help others with zaptel issues on some hardware

AH2S rob at ah2s.org
Sun Apr 27 11:21:43 UTC 2014

Hi Mark,

Yes.  It is indeed the Dell PowerEdge Server at the colo facility.  I
took another shot at it before completely giving up.  After having
eliminated most everything else, it came down to hardware.  That's when
I started exploring other, less obvious and arguably less likely
solutions.  The disabling of ACPI was nothing more than a guess in a
list of things I began to try, one at a time.  I can't explain how ACPI
would interfere with zaptel but it does, at least on my server.  Pretty
strange.  I'm just glad I figured it out and it's working now!

---
Rob Pectol - AH2S
AllStar Node 2147