[App_rpt-users] DTMF digits on IaxRpt

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Aug 15 06:44:58 UTC 2014

The A,B,C,D DTMF keys work just fine in function statements -

ABC=status,12

Entering *ABC  gives time of day

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio

From: apprptusers at westbrook.com
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 18:24:17 -0600
To: Bryan at bryanfields.net
CC: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] DTMF digits on IaxRpt

Asterisk's "dsp.c" (even the old version in the app_rpt fork, I believe) does indeed already decode them at no additional cost, so I too would have expected them to just come along for the ride.  Does some other part of the system filter them out?

Who cares why -- although I can think of a dozen use cases without even trying hard.  Besides, it costs absolutely nothing when you're already doing the other digits.  Let the man have his tones, I say.

$0.02,
Eric
K5BFC