[App_rpt-users] audio level

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at mac.com
Fri Aug 29 23:30:31 UTC 2014

The audio set up procedure has you calibrate the RX level so that every node across the entire Allstar network produces the same level audio for 3kHz dev. This is the reason Allstar audio levels do not vary all over the road like some other VoIP networks. For this reason it’s best to not ’tweak’ the RX level away from the recommended setup.

If after you have your RX and TX levels set per procedure, you still feel the TX it too low, then ‘tweak’ your TX side. But please don’t mess with the RX as that can impact the overall excellent performance of the Allstar network.

One thing to mention here is preemphasis and deemphasis. That’s a whole other topic, a complex topic. Just sure you understand the issue and have both of those correct or you may be thinking you have a level problem when what you actually have is a frequency response problem.
--
Tim WD6AWP