[App_rpt-users] audio level

KJ6KO kj6ko at innercite.com
Sat Aug 30 02:49:11 UTC 2014

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robert A. Poff
  To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
  Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 5:56 PM
  Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] audio level

  I wouldn't use the mic input on the M2 backplane.

  Using a URI, I run it through the op amp in the URI, and then directly to the exciter audio input.

  On the direct FM exciter (the so called PLL exciter) I've measured the CG input is dead flat from 50 cycles or so to at least 8KC. No pre-emphasis at all. This is where they injected the EDACS voice data. A perfect place to inject TX audio.  Just remember to set the URI to TXPRELIM=YES.  I don't think SIMPLEUSB will do that will it?  Don't you have to use USBRADIO to do that?

  As to levels......
  It's generally been my habit, from my two way radio service days, to set the exciter to hard limit everything at 5 KC. Then set the transfer audio so that a signal on the input modulated, to 3 KC modulates the transmitter to 4 KC. Takes advantage of the limiter to make up a bit of mod density. With Allstar do this with the txvoice set command.

  --
  Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.
  Please excuse my brevity and typing errors.

  __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 10338 (20140829) __________

  http://www.eset.com