[App_rpt-users] audio level

Robert A. Poff wb3awj at comcast.net
Sat Aug 30 00:56:38 UTC 2014

I wouldn't use the mic input on the M2 backplane.

Using a URI, I run it through the op amp in the URI, and then directly to the exciter audio input.

On the direct FM exciter (the so called PLL exciter) I've measured the  CG input is dead flat from 50 cycles or so to at least 8KC. No pre-emphasis at all. This is where they injected the EDACS voice data. A perfect place to inject TX audio.

As to levels......
It's generally been my habit, from my two way radio service days, to set the exciter to hard limit everything at 5 KC. Then set the transfer audio so that a signal on the input modulated, to 3 KC modulates the transmitter to 4 KC. Takes advantage of the limiter to make up a bit of mod  density. With Allstar do this with the txvoice set command.

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.
Please excuse my brevity and typing errors.