[App_rpt-users] Linking two nodes together

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Dec 5 15:50:00 UTC 2014

Do you mean linking via a normal Allstar link? or linking via RF. It is not clear what you are trying to do.

You can link two nodes privately if you know the IP address and port of each node. You just enter the info for the OTHER node in the nodes section of rpt.conf. Assuming you have a good Internet path once this is entered and Asterisk is restarted you should be able to connect. Of course you also need the port forwards in the routers also.
[nodes]
; Note, if you are using automatic update for allstar link nodes,
; no allstar link nodes should be defined here. Only place a definition
; for your local nodes, and private (off of allstar link) nodes here.

1998 = radio at ip.address.for.1999:port/1998,NONE

This show one end. The other end would be just the opposite. Port is only needed if it is other than the default 4569.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio