[App_rpt-users] 'inexpensive' radios for a local repeater

Loren Tedford lorentedford at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 03:09:28 UTC 2014

We personally have retired the GM300 and Maxtrac radios from repeater use
due to the fact most of the radios have had lots of use.. Those radios have
gone through heavy use over the past 12 to 13 years and are no longer in
production.. Some times it becomes difficult to find those particular
radios as well.. Now as far as the Technical details on the 16 pin adaptor
I have found CM200 and CM300 with 16 pin adaptor and pin 8 programmed for
csq/tone etc.. seems to work fine for both of our repeaters.. UHF repeaters
are more simpler to set up than VHF repeaters reason is in UHF you can
probably depending on where your tower site is located get away with a
mobile duplexer cheap there usually around 130 dollars or so.. In VHF it is
a 600khz spread and problems of loop back issues can occur very easily
especially with cables duplexers many other things if incorrectly
installed.. We have gone through 2 different manufactures now for duplexers
and still have had issues with the transmitter getting into the receiver
our personal next step is to double check the tuning of our used Sinclair 6
cavity duplexer and possibly putting a Bandpass filter for our RX side just
to see if that might help with the duplexers installed as well..  Good luck
on the installation and enjoy! I use DMK Engineering URI with 16 pin
adepter from uricables.com Repeater adapter with CM200s..

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
Email: lorentedford at gmail.com

http://kc9zhv.lorentedford.com