[App_rpt-users] Best way to link multiple nodes

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Dec 16 17:40:00 UTC 2014

Configuring one node as the "hub" is a good way to do it but that node does not have to be a pseudo node. It can have a radio or repeater connected just like any of the satellite nodes. I would suggest that the hub has a boot macro that does a permanent connect to all of the satellite nodes. The advantage being that all you have to do is reboot/restart one node to recreate the connections. The disadvantage of this scheme is that it is totally dependent on one node and its Internet connection for the system to work. Of course if the hub node was a central repeater then it would not make much difference anyway. It would have to work for the system to be functional.

I use this scheme and it works well. An alternative that might even work better would be to have the satellite nodes setup in a boot macro to permanently connect to the hub. Either way if you reboot/restart any one node it would recover.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio