[App_rpt-users] Xipar Patch for Allmon

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at mac.com
Fri Dec 19 18:16:17 UTC 2014

You probably know that Allmon would not work on a Xipar node. That's because app_rpt.c didn’t have a couple of AMI commands that Allmon needs. A patch has been built which adds those commands.

I have tried to make the install instructions as complete and clear as possible. If you have ever compiled Asterisk before you will find that installing this patch is very easy and quick. On the other hand, if you’re not really a Linux command line person this may be an overwhelming task. In theory the install steps should be a cut and paste operation, but no promises.

Speaking of no promises, this patch comes with absolutely no support. The person that wrote the patch will not support it. I don’t know C or Xipar well enough to support it. I sent the patch to Steve about a week ago asking him if he wanted to include this patch in the Xipar distro. He never responded. So other than possibly getting help from someone on the app_rpt list you're completely on your own. If you can’t fix it you may have to do a new Xipar install. That said, the patch has been tested and is working on a hand full of nodes.

The instructions are here http://wd6awp.net/Xipar/
--
Tim
:wq