[App_rpt-users] Beagle Bone DTMF issues

EUglum at aol.com EUglum at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 16:57:29 UTC 2014

I just successfully installed Doug's (WA3DSP)  Beagle Bone Black
installation on a two node repeater system using two URI's and  a Belkin 4 port USB
hub in an attempt to remove my power hungry old P4 rack  server from All Star
service. Everything seems to be running well on the  BBB with only 14% CPU
usage on stand by (2 nodes) and little to no audio  distortion while testing.

  I am having a heck of a time getting either node to reliably  decode DTMF
especially when using Motorola transceivers. (On the old  P4 server, the
DTMF decoded remarkably well using any radio...) I have been  looking at the
old P4 config files and comparing them to the BBB config in an  attempt to
see what has changed... Doug has "radio relax" turned off by default
(normally on by default in the acid release). Is this relevant?  Thanks!

-Eric (KB6BZZ)