[App_rpt-users] Beagle Bone DTMF issues

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Dec 22 17:32:59 UTC 2014

My thinking is your problem is either levels or maybe you are running non deemphasized audio with simpleusb causing unequal tome levels. If so you need to program the Motorola for deemphasized audio out OR set the  deemphasis=yes  in simpleusb.conf.  You should also run plfilter=on which is the default.

Skewed equalization can definitely cause poor or no DTMF decoding. The radio relaxed should have nothing to do with it.

The BBB DTMF decoding works fine if the levels and equalization are correct out of the radio.

YHou also need to use preemphasis going into the Motorola with simpleusb or your audio will sound flat (lacking high-end) at the other rx end. There is no SW setting for this.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio