[App_rpt-users] Remote Base question

Corey Dean n3fe at repeater.net
Sat Dec 27 05:09:22 UTC 2014

A few different times I have attempted to get a remote base going.  I am
using a Doug Hall Box.  I am sure I have it wired correctly.  On the
Parallel port I have pin 2 as serial data, 3 as serial clock and 4 as
reset.

If I define remote = rbi asterisk will start but the light on the usb FOB
stop blinking.  Once I comment out the remote = line and restart asterisk,
the sound fob will start to blink again and the doug hall will reset.  I
decided to try defining any type of remote such as y or even ic706 and the
same thing happens.

When I do define remote=rbi it still will not program the kenwood radio
either.

I did upgrade to the latest acid svn to test as well because prior to
upgrading if any remote at all was defined, asterisk wouldn't even start.
It would bomb right out.  At least now it start.  I know this has to be
something simple.  Any one have any ideas as to where to start looking?

I did define a remote-base stanza for functions and the only things I added
other than that was.

remote = rbi
iobase = 0x378
authlevel = 0