[App_rpt-users] Remote Base question

Sam Nabkey sam.nabkey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 13:46:36 UTC 2014

Corey....

I just went through this...

here is what I have learned...

The URI light will not blink until you connect to the Remote with another
node or iaxrpt. after that, it appears to stay blinking, however, I believe
it shoud go out again when you disconnect?  Mine doesn't..

You need to use the *4xxx controlling the far node routine to manipulate
the remote from a connect node.  OR you can use IAXRPT to test.

I sometimes have to stop and restart asterisk to correct an issue where the
remote stops responding to anything.  I think it has something to do with
the URI not disconnecting and the light stopping when you disconnect.

Only one node at a time can connect with the Remote Base.  the other
attempts will fail.

The Icom 706 needs Memories 50-99 entered and saved with the RPT TONE set..
Starting at 67.0 at Memory 50 and going up each tone till you reach the
last tone and memory 99. I used 146.520 simplex in every memory and just
changed the tone incrementing 1 up till I hit 99 and the end of the
available tones IF you don't do this, you will get "invalid frequency"
everytime.

The RBI remote base works but I had to disconnect pin 4 it appears in my
case anyways, the logic level is backwards? As soon as I removed the reset
pin 4, it took right off. I am going to have to work on this because the
RBI operates with fewer mishaps when its connected.

The Kenwood TMD-700a works the best for me so far.

Corey, I run my nodes in a private invironment so I have removed most of
the band edge and authlevel safegards that maybe should be included, but I
wanted to get it to work before I added that back in.  I am using a USB
Serial interface or a USB  Icom interface in the case of the 706.

here are my working examples.  I hope it at least gets you started.  Your
mileage may vary, CAUTION!  Beverage may be HOT!  (insert favorite
disclaimer here..)

------

Example #1:  For the IC-706:

[582];  IC-706 Remote Base
rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb     ; Rx audio/signalling channel
duplex=1
context =  radio
accountcode=RADIO
functions = functions
memory = memory

remote = ic706
ioport = /dev/ttyUSB0
civaddr = 88
authlevel=0

[functions]
0=remote,1                              ; Retrieve Memory
1=remote,2                              ; Set freq.
2=remote,3                              ; Set tx PL tone
3=remote,4     ; Set rx PL tone
6=remote,6                              ; Set Mode 1=FM 2=USB 3=LSB 4=AM
40=remote,100                           ; Rx PL off
41=remote,101                           ; Rx PL on
42=remote,102                           ; Tx PL off
43=remote,103                           ; Tx PL on
44=remote,104                           ; Low Power
45=remote,105                           ; Medium Power
46=remote,106                           ; High Power
711=remote,107                          ; Bump -20
714=remote,108                          ; Bump -100
717=remote,109                          ; Bump -500
713=remote,110                          ; Bump +20
716=remote,111                          ; Bump +100
719=remote,112                          ; Bump +500
721=remote,113                          ; Scan - slow
724=remote,114                          ; Scan - quick
727=remote,115                          ; Scan - fast
723=remote,116                          ; Scan + slow
726=remote,117                          ; Scan + quick
729=remote,118                          ; Scan + fast
79=remote,119                           ; Tune
51=remote,5                             ; Long status query
52=remote,140     ; Short status query
67=remote,210     ; Send a *
69=remote,211     ; Send a #

[memory]
init = 14.250,67.0,u ; 14.250MHz upper sideband
00 = 146.460,100.0,sht
01 = 146.940,100.0,-l
02 = 14.250,100.0,u ; 14.250MHz upper sideband

[nodes]
582 = radio at 127.0.0.1/582,NONE,y

[nodes](+)
#include nodes.include

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXAMPLE #2 For the RBI...

[582]; Doug Hall RBI-1
rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb     ; Rx audio/signalling channel
duplex=1
context =  radio
functions = functions
memory = memory

remote=rbi
iobase=0x378

authlevel=0

[functions]
0=remote,1 ; Retrieve Memory
1=remote,2 ; Set freq.
2=remote,3 ; Set tx PL tone
3=remote,4 ; Set rx PL tone
5=remote,140 ; short status query
6=remote,5 ; Long Status Query

730=remote,100 ; Rx PL off
731=remote,101 ; Rx PL on
720=remote,102 ; Tx PL off
721=remote,103 ; Tx PL on
740=remote,104 ; Low Power
741=remote,105 ; Medium Power
742=remote,106 ; High Power

[memory]
init = 146.520,94.8,sht
26 = 147.260,94.8,+ltr
27 = 145.270,94.8,-ltr
11 = 145.110,94.8,-ltr
52 = 146.520,94.8,sh

[nodes]
582 = radio at 127.0.0.1/582,NONE,y

[nodes](+)
#include nodes.include

Example #3 For the Kenwood TMD-700a

[582]; Kenwood TMD-700a
rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb     ; Rx audio/signalling channel
duplex=1
context =  radio
callerid = "K8SN 582" <6164389073>
accountcode=RADIO
functions = functions
memory = memory

remote = tmd700
ioport = /dev/ttyUSB0

authlevel=0

[functions]
0=remote,1                              ; Retrieve Memory
1=remote,2                              ; Set freq.
2=remote,3                              ; Set tx PL tone
3=remote,4            ; Set rx PL tone
40=remote,100                           ; Rx PL off
41=remote,101                           ; Rx PL on
42=remote,102                           ; Tx PL off
43=remote,103                           ; Tx PL on
44=remote,104                           ; Low Power
45=remote,105                           ; Medium Power
46=remote,106                           ; High Power
51=remote,5                             ; Long status query
52=remote,140     ; Short status query
67=remote,210     ; Send a *
69=remote,211     ; Send a #

[memory]