[App_rpt-users] VOTER boards - separating rx/tx

Steve Wright stevewrightnz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 18:23:50 UTC 2014

Gurus!

Can I operate arbitrary recievers and transmitters with the voter boards,
and separate them in config at chan_voter?

Background: Our terrain does not lend itself to a few high-sited duplexed
repeaters (or rather we are not inclined to pay for it), so we are taking
the non-duplexed distributed approach of locating recievers and
transmitters at various sites on a non-contending basis and GPS locking
them all together.  It seems to us that if we have a hole in some coverage,
that it would easy (read - cheap) to throw another GM300 at the problem..

That is, site A has either a 6M transmitter and other 2M receiver, or
otherwise non-contending combinations, and the corresponding pair for each
repeater receiver or transmitter is actually located on a nearby site
linked with 802.11an.

SO!  It looks at first glance that I must use a VOTER board for each rx AND
each tx, but perhaps I can use some clever config and halve the number of
VOTER boards I use.

Many thanks,
Steve

--
Meshnetworks - Rangitaiki Plains Rural Broadband Internet Providers
+64 21 040 5067