[App_rpt-users] VOTER boards - separating rx/tx

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 00:43:43 UTC 2014

I think what he is asking is whether the weather the Rx and Tx streams
of the RTCM can be used on different nodes. In other words, at a
specific site with only a single RTCM, can the transmitter be part of
node A while the receiver is part of node B. Looking at his message
again that may not actually be what he is looking for, though.

Steve, as long as there is only one Asterisk node involved, meaning a
single repeater "system" although using multiple bands, a single RTCM
at a site will work. If configured this way all the 6m and 2m
receivers would link back and be voted into a single stream which
would then be sent out to all the 6m and 2m transmitters at the
different sites. When used like this as far as app_rpt is concerned it
behaves no differently than having a voted/simulcast system on a
single band.

Brett KQ9N