[App_rpt-users] Parallel 900MHz Links

Bob kk6ecm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 15:38:45 UTC 2014

Not knowing your particular situation, I offer this experience for your
consideration. We are using a 70cm audio link between two repeaters about 20
miles apart with about a 200m obstruction about half way in between. The
obstruction is a saddle between the mountains that has a well defined
ridge... pseudo knife edge? Turns out this is an optimum condition for 70cm
with an obstruction, and works quite well. I found an article on the web
written by a couple solders who developed the rules of thumb for this
configuration in the field to get connectivity between sites in the
mountains. I can send it out... not sure if the list can handle an
enclosure, and don't want to stuff it in every ones' email box if they are
not interested.

Thanks,

Bob

kk6ecm