[App_rpt-users] Parallel 900MHz Links

Bob - AF6D bob at af6d.com
Fri Feb 7 08:02:04 UTC 2014

We are finally at the last phase of our build-out with three repeater
locations with minimal overlap. We want to vote and simulcast on 2 meters. I
asked how I could get IRLP and EchoLink connected, as well as a weather
receiver and it was suggested that I get an unvoted URI for a controller
(like the RC-210's that we have) and use them to bring in outside sources.
That was a great idea! But then it dawned on us that if in the event of a
major earthquake or tornado or whatever the Internet would go down - and
those sources too.

This became even more of an important matter because we want to run a
parallel 900MHz link system. We can't use the RC-210 approach because if the
internet goes down so would our link. The repeaters are too far apart for
building our own Ubiquity VLAN - I think. I don't know the maximum power
available at 900MHz and we don't have LOS between the sites.

What are some ideas on getting a parallel link system in case we lose
Allstar?

Thank you for helping me learn.

Bob