[App_rpt-users] Touch Tones

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Thu Feb 20 13:00:10 UTC 2014

This article does not tell the whole story on propagate DTMF.

The statement::
propagate_dtmf=yes

Must be in the node stanza of the node you want to generate DTMF.
But the actual command prefix is not mentioned in the article.
So if you have this set up in your node and then at the cli you send :

rpt fun (node) X40(DTMF sequence)

The *40 is the command prefix needed to be sent before and DTMF tones.
I thought for years that this didn't work until Tim K4KWQ pointed out
the command prefix.
Its the missing piece of the puzzle

With this I can command a hardware controller via the Allstar node
connected to it.

Jon VA3RQ