[App_rpt-users] 'lsnodes' node status and control web viewer

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Jan 6 22:02:05 UTC 2014

I have written a Perl script web viewer which shows status of your local Allstar nodes and allows app_rpt command control as you would have from your radio. You can access this locally or from anywhere on the Internet.

This is an effective but rather simple viewer which I find very useful and thats why I wanted to share it with you. I wanted something that was easy to modify and understand. I have been using this for several weeks but consider it beta code. Installation is a little involved but I think I have supplied good instructions on how to implement it.

It requires httpd, PHP, and Perl on your server. Acid comes with Perl but unless you have installed httpd and PHP for other applications like Allmon you will have to install them.

Included in the package is a simple command version to show connected nodes called 'lsnodes'.

I welcome your comments and suggestions and I am sure there will be some evolution of the code and install instructions. I hope it is useful to you.

More info, install instructions, screenshots, and the tarball are at -

http://crompton.com/hamradio/allstar/lsnodes.html

I primarily use firefox but I tested it with Chrome and it seems to work fine. I would not recommend explorer. Actually I wouldn't recommend explorer for anything! In firefox you can use the zoom feature to change the text size to suit your needs. It is also nice to have multiple tabs open if you have more than one node.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio