[App_rpt-users] iax2 Registry Revisted - Question

Christopher Kovacs w0anm73 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 02:48:01 UTC 2014

Further info and clarification

I am using the Xipar Asterisk release.  If I loose WAN network connection,
I loose my iax registration which is what I would expect.

Note, this loss usually is a result of a cable modem resetting, or some
other issues with the cable company and it does not happen frequently.
 This reset does not result in a new IP address being assigned.

I noticed that the State toggles between Timeout and Request Sent, but
never will get re-registered until I stop and start asterisk (amportal
stop/start).

My questions is, Is this normal behavior?  should I need to restart
asterisk?

I am using the following script in cron to check the status and reboot if
necessary:

#!/bin/bash
#
# IAX Registration Check, Nofity if offline.
# if offline, then allstar will be unavailable

# check iax2 registration:
IAX_REG=`asterisk -r -x "iax2 show registry" | awk '{ print $6 }' | grep -v
State`
IAX_REG1=`echo $IAX_REG | awk '{ print $1 }'`
IAX_REG2=`echo $IAX_REG | awk '{ print $2 }'`

if [ "$IAX_REG1" != "Registered" ] || [ "$IAX_REG2" != "Registered" ]; then
    echo "Not Registered, take action..."
    amportal stop
    sleep 120
    service portreserve restart
    amportal start
else
    echo " All is good..."
fi

This will get iax to register, but I would think there is some thing wrong
with  asterisk not being able to re-register without a restart/reboot.  Or
is this normal behavior?

Thanks,

73,  Chris  w0anm