[App_rpt-users] Telemetry Help

allstarlink at mcleanzone.com allstarlink at mcleanzone.com
Sat Jan 18 05:36:35 UTC 2014

I think that the tag for *903 isn’t very clear. It should probably read, “Disable telemetry announcements from remote connected nodes.”, or something like that. The way I understood his complaint was hearing telemetry from whatever nodes(s) he was connected to.

You are correct. These commands affect only the node you are currently controlling.

Most times I have all telemetry enabled as that is the default. The only time I execute a *903 is when I connect to a large linked system and only if the announcements become annoying to me. I rarely use the *902, but sometimes it is nice to disable connections being made locally. A good example for use would be on an RF node that is also used as a hub node.

Connect to 29503. We can discuss it. J

Thank you,

Fred McLean – w0fcm

832-948-5200