[App_rpt-users] rpt.conf

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 00:30:11 UTC 2014

On 01/22/2014 10:51 AM, Mike/W5JR wrote:
> Geoff, I've found the same to be true for my implementation. The first stanza defined is what is used by all subsequent stanzas regardless of inserting what I would have expected to get for each node. And yes, there seems to be "insight" in the note telling you that will be the case. Which for me, running several "local" repeaters, it would be helpful to have a different pitch for them to more easily recognize which is ID'ing rather than waiting for any post callsign add-on I've placed in the ID string.

Correct.  Now, if you're fairly proficient at CW, you could -start- the
ID string with, say, the last 2 (or 3) numbers of your node, defined in
each morse stanza for each node followed by your callsign.

ie:
[morse29929]
speed=20                ; Approximate speed in WPM
frequency=500           ; Morse Telemetry Frequency
amplitude=2048          ; Morse Telemetry Amplitude
idfrequency=1000        ; Morse ID Frequency
idamplitude=2048

then define the callsign in each main node stanza with the line

[node29929]
;
; (...getting there...)
;
idrecording = |i29,W5JR/R

Then, let's say you've got 29930, you could define the [node29930]
stanza with
;
idrecording = |;30,W5RJ/R

I agree - different pitched ID's would make it easier to .. uh, well...
"ID" each node is which when you hear it
;-)

-Geoff/W5OMR