[App_rpt-users] rpt.conf

Bob kk6ecm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 00:43:11 UTC 2014

It seems to me the Morse stanza only establishes the following in
app_rpt.conf:

;[morse]

;speed=20		; Approximate speed in WPM
;frequency=800		; Morse Telemetry Frequency
;amplitude=4096		; Morse Telemetry Amplitude
;idfrequency=330		; Morse ID Frequency
;idamplitude=2048	; Morse ID Amplitude

The string is established by:

idrecording = |iW6XYZ

and

idtalkover=|iW6XYZ

(Which seems to me is established for each node separately)

Where

; Telemetry entries are shared across all repeaters
; Can be a tone sequence, morse string, or a file
;
; |t - Tone escape sequence
;
; Tone sequences consist of 1 or more 4-tuple entries (freq1, freq2,
duration, amplitude)
; Single frequencies are created by setting freq1 or freq2 to zero.
;
; |m - Morse escape sequence
;
; Sends Morse code at the telemetry amplitude and telemetry frequency as
defined in the
; [morse] section.
;
; Follow with an alphanumeric string
;
; |i - Morse ID escape sequence
;
; Sends Morse code at the ID amplitude and ID frequency as defined in the

If you are not using the |m for telemetry, or don't care, you could use it
with a different frequency and amplitude in the [morse] section as

idrecording = |mW6XYZ ; second node.

Just a thought,
Bob
kk6ecm