[App_rpt-users] tailmessage not working correctly???

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Thu Jan 23 16:05:43 UTC 2014

I already use polite id and it works fine, the ID never goes on top of
anyone.  But that is not the problem.
And to incorporate the club reminders with every ID would be very annoying
to everyone listening to the repeater.
What I need is the function of tailmessage, this feature allows a set of
messages to be played at unkeys, a different message at each interval, and
have those recorded messages not step on users.
It should be just like the polite ID,, and it was before.  but now it is
not.

I intend to set the interval to something like 60 to 120 minutes.  and the
messages will change at different times of the day.  Like I said it worked
great before.  now it doesn't work on any of 3 repeaters I am trying to
implement it on.
The only reason I currently have the timers so short is for debugging.  I
am still digging in the source code and am getting closer.
I think it is very closely related to "tailtimer -= elap" in the code.  I
am still trying to track down "elap" and if anyone can explain it to me
before I figure it out, that would be very helpful.
Before long I will have the entire program memorized like Jim does.  (not
going to happen in my lifetime :)

Chuck,  CCIE2285(retired),  WB9UUS