[App_rpt-users] tailmessage not working correctly???

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at mac.com
Thu Jan 23 19:59:13 UTC 2014

I use RTCMs exclusively and tail messages work fine. I’ve never had one go off on top of a user. In fact if someone keys up the tail message stops and replays after tailsquashtime. What doesn’t work for me is a coma separated list of tail messages. If I set up "tailmessagelist=message1,message2" it won’t work, nothing ever plays. But that’s another subject.

The way tail messages work is that the message will transmit every x milliseconds just before the repeater TX (hang timer) drops. So with your setting of 60 seconds the message will occur only 60 seconds after the last tail message as the carrier drops. If the repeater is quite for longer that 60 seconds the tail message won’t be heard until something keys it and the carrier drops.

Two things for you:
1. You are putting the settings in the [node] stanza correct?
2. Don’t you want (shouldn’t) the squash time be less than the message time? I suspect this is the what causing your strange tail message behavior.

--
Tim
:wq